Wednesday, October 30, 2013

First impressions of Assassin's Creed IV

Tuesday was the release date of Assassin's Creed 4, but my pre-order was delivered earlier, so I could play it on Monday. The graphics are very good. I played some missions in the jungle, and it looks fantastic. The sounds are very natural in the jungle. When I came for the first thing in Havana, I loved it's atmosphere. It is a very nice town to walk around. The buildings and the people are colourful. One of the first things I noticed when I started free roaming in Havana, were the small streets. In Assassin's Creed III the city's had big streets which were often difficult to cross without touching the ground. When designing the city's for Assassin's Creed IV they looked good at the city's of Assassin's Creed II. The streets are small and perfect for freerunning.

The first mission is a naval battle on the ocean in a storm. This mission is very cool. A little bit later in the story you get your ship, the Jackdaw. The Jackdaw is a fast ship, and very manoeuvrable. The ocean is huge, so it's very useful that the Jackdaw is fast. I enjoyed my time sailing around the Caribbean. Every ship you cross, is attackable, although some of them are too strong. Attacking ships is fun in this game. The battles are far more challenging than in Assassin's Creed III. After heavily damaging the ship you can board the ship. After killing a bunch of enemies you can steal it's cargo. This cargo can be used to upgrade the Jackdaw of you can sell it. This is fantastic to do. I attacked many ships and I still enjoy it.

After the first hours of Assassin's Creed IV I can say that it's an amazing game. The naval part is super, so if you don't have this game yet, buy it now. You can expect a review soon on my blog.

Written by: WZ

Contact:
Mail Google Plus Twitter Facebook YouTube

0 reactions:

Post a Comment